Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lost Duckling

I don't want to overburden you with my issues or anything, but I figure, since you're on my blog... you can deal.

Let me start by introducing myself. I'm not going to tell you my real name, but you can call me Aria.

I am a girl who is at that point in my life where I have to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life.

THAT IS A HUGE RESPONSIBILITY!

And I have all those grown-up "adult-y" people who already have gone through college/ are in college/ are almost through with their lives that continuously ask me what I plan to do with the rest of mine.

Let me clarify something, I only have three things planned out for my life: Live, Breathe, and Die, and even those are iffy. I'm hoping that if those things do happen, they go in that order. For all I know, I could drop dead right NOW!

I have no idea!

I don't really understand people's obsession with planning out their lives because I did try that once upon a time. I planned to be a pastry chef, and now, I'm thinking I'll do something in the medical field, but I have a lot of other values I have to take into account that I'm not going to mention here.

I have always dreamt of working with the police becoming a detective or something. Now, I'm considering a pathologist assistant or a nurse or a veterinarian or a tree that lays in the middle of a forest wondering what in the world I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

People always expect you to come up with the answer they think is suitable for you, and when you give it to them, it goes one of two ways: they happily accept it and start planning out your "Career" for you OR they call you on your bluff. Fortunately, no one has gone to the extremes with option one so far, but I have been called on my bluff FAR TOO MANY TIMES!

I'd be all like, "Yea, I totally know what I want to be for the rest of forever."
And they'd be all like, "LIAR!"

Then, I'd have to go and retreat into my little cubby hole of doom for liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment